lenagrey7

lenagrey7

More Than Words (More Than Anything #2) by TT Kove

More Than Words (More Than Anything Book 2) - T.T. Kove

“... if you only knew, how easy it would be to show me how you feel. All you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands and touch me. Hold me close don't ever let me go. More than words is all you have to do to make it real. Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me 'cause I'd already know...” ~ Extreme (More Than Words)

Alex, of 'More than Words' by TT Kove, is surprised when Andreas stops to help him but he is in desperate need of something positive to happen in his life. Alex has given up on ever being happy, but Andreas is determined to show him there is a lot left to live for.

Andreas has noticed Alex before and wanted to meet him, but hadn't gotten around to it for a number of reasons. Alex is an outcast, different, and gay. He's bullied and teased far too often. Alex seems totally defeated; Andreas senses he can't wait any longer. Alex needs help immediately. Andreas steps up to reassure and befriend him. Alex is stunned that one of the most popular boys in his school would even talk to him, much less offer his aid. Alex doesn't believe Andreas's kindness will last, but doesn't want to let the opportunity pass by. Slowly, but surely, Alex lets his guard down; trusting is very hard for him. Andreas is patient, accepting Alex as he is in spite of his low self-esteem and destructive behavior of cutting when the stress gets to be too much. Andreas tells Alex that although cutting is self-destructive, at least Alex found a way to cope with his difficulties and ease the pressure. They quickly become lovers, but it takes time for Alex to see Andreas is not using him and truly wants to be with him. Alex still worries about what others will think when they are seen together.

Alex is in awe of Andreas's untraditional but very close family, comprised of an uncle, cousins, and brothers instead of a mom, dad, and children. Alex can hardly believe how well they all get along. Alex prefers Andreas's family to his own, which isn't difficult to understand considering the way his father and mother fight all the time and hate each other. There's never a minute's peace at his house. They hardly acknowledge Alex exists. He's more of a bother than a son and his mother, especially, lets Alex know at every opportunity. Alex's last fight with his mother leaves him with bad scratches on his face. When he confesses the situation to Uncle Michael, he invites Alex to come live with them. When he and Andreas are in the midst of proclaiming their new status of boyfriends with a public kiss, tragedy strikes. Alex ends up in the hospital fighting for his life and Andreas knows, more than ever how much he loves Alex.

As in the first book in the series, there's a lot on anxiety and strife happening, but there is also a lot of love for Andreas and Alex and his family and friends. It was nice to see some of the previous characters and learn more about them. Book two is definitely my favorite. There's just as much tension, self-esteem problems, but enormous personal growth, especially for Alex. We should all be as lucky as Alex to have someone as kind, understanding, passionate, and loving as Andreas.  Fans of the first book will probably enjoy the second even more. For readers new to the series, it's not entirely necessary to read book one first, but it will help you understand the second one better if you do. If you enjoy reading about angst, passionate lovemaking, forming a relationship, setting priorities, and a happy ending, you may like this book. Thanks, TT, for a great follow-up to the first book in the series. I'm hoping for more of Andreas and Alex's story in the future.

Source: http://www.rainbowbookreviews.com/book-reviews/more-than-words-more-than-anything-2-by-tt-kove-at-less-than-three-press