lenagrey7

lenagrey7

'A Subtle Breeze' (Southern Spirits 1) by Bailey Bradford

Southern Spirits Vol 1 - Bailey Bradford

There's little I appreciate more than a man who is strong and confident, yet secure enough to be loving, nurturing, and capable of showing his emotions. Brendon Shanahan in 'A Subtle Breeze' by Bailey Bradford has all these qualities and so much more. Ezekiel Matthers has many of the same characteristics as Brendon, but because of a physical assault his self-confidence is undermined, leaving him lonely and despairing. Brendon and Zeke would be perfect together, but only if they are able to overcome the unimaginable obstacles which lie before them.

I fell in love with Brendon right away. His sincerity and good nature is infectious. His sense of adventure and determination made my heart flutter. Brendon is the kind of man we all dream about, the one who is there to support his lover regardless of the circumstances and love him through even the worst of predicaments. He knows when to be firm and when to be gentle. When he falls in love with Zeke, he's bound and determined to prove his devotion no matter what.

Zeke really wants to have a relationship; he's tired of being alone but is afraid not only for his own sake, but for that of anyone close to him. Therefore, he pushes everyone away. Zeke needs someone who will stand by him—in spite of himself. He falls in love with Brendon right away, but his fear and over protectiveness threaten to destroy their relationship. These men need a big shove and receive it from a most unlikely source: Zeke's dearly departed mother. Even from the grave she loves and protects him as best she can. For Brendon, this takes mother-in-law problems to an entirely unique level, but the mere fact that he believes Zeke when he tells him that the gentle breeze and light touch which surround them at times is his mother, is proof of Brendon's undying trust.

'A Subtle Breeze' includes everything that a love story should have—two handsome, sexy, amazing men, love, passion, and adds a touch of the supernatural. It also has anger, hate, violence, angst, and justice. Little in life is written in black and white and Bailey's characters depict this idea; their actions are exciting, frustrating, unforgiving, hateful, compassionate, and enlightening. Each one of them moved me either to tears or anger depending upon the situation. Of all of Bailey's books I've read, this one has left me with the best impression. Not only did she write a passionate, exciting love story, but she also covered the serious subject of gay bashing and hate crimes. If you're half the hopeless romantic that I am, you'll thoroughly enjoy reading this book.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/216571669?book_show_action=false